Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The joys of being an adult

You wake up one morning and realize that you are no longer a kid. The things that you used to do are things that you now look back at and think "what in the world was I thinking." During my life I have met a lot of people. Every one of those people from the friends I grew up with to the family that has been added through out the years has been an important part in making me who I am today. Each person has played an important role in helping me to be the best that I can be. When you get close to people you go through the ups and the downs with them.  You become the ear to listen, the shoulder to cry on. I know that a lot of my friends and family have been there for me through my hard times as well. I think the most heart braking times is when the people that we care about hit rock bottom. You want to jump in and make everything better. You want to wrap them in your arms and protect them from everything that is going on in their lives. It is so hard to step back and let them work through their problems on their own. To not give advice and to suggest things would be better if they would only do this or that. Then there are times that you get the phone call or the text message that makes your heart brake and you have no idea how to help. You feel helpless and just want to make it all better. Over the past couple of weeks I have been handed a couple of these situations. There is much confusion, heartbreak, and many tears that have been shed. People have told me many of times to let go of my worries and allow God to take them and fix them in his way. I have been trying so hard to just let it go and allow him to work his ways. Its so hard to let things go.

  A soldier who is fighting for our freedom and his family were given a tough road to travel this week and in the end God came through and his baby girl was able to go home from the hospital today after being diagnosed with have a stroke at 4 days old. If it was not for the faith of the family, friends and people who dont even know them things may not have turned out so well. Thank you Travis for everything that you do for our country, Thank you Kasi for being the fantastic wife, mother and friend that you are! Baby Abbigayle my prayers are with you little one as you continue your life and become an amazing woman that I know your mama and dad will help you to be.

There have been tough times within our family as well. Family members have walked away and turned their backs on each other. There have been many of hearts broken and tears shed. I dont understand why people think that if they turn their backs and lie and walk away that all the problems go away. I wish that people would understand that more hearts are broken by words left unsaid then by the lies that are told. I have had fights with family members and am so thankful that those have been resolved and now things are going well. I have gained contact with some whom I have not talked to in years. I could not ask for more. I am so thankful for each person who is in my life, for each of those who have passed through my life and those who are to come.


I ask that those who read this say a prayer for our family. That there will be peace, love reignited and bridges rebuilt. You can do all things through Christ and everything that he brings us to he will bring us through.

On a happier note my dad is going after something that he has wanted for a while now. I am so proud of him and so proud that he is my dad. He is such a positive role model and I love him so very much. Prayers for him and my Step mom and my little brother Zach that he is able to get this position at work and that their lives will be blessed this year with everything that they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment